How Can The Sun Help Your Mental Health?
Summer has arrived and with it come longer days filled with more sunshine!
For many, this means it's time to leave stressful work behind, pack a bag and head out of town on vacation. But even if you don't have time to get away, just finding time to spend outside in the sun can be great for your mental health!
Check out these 5 reasons you may want to step outside and catch some rays!
1) Research shows that the brain produces more serotonin (our body's natural mood-lifting chemical) on sunny days. This special chemical is released in the body when sunlight cues a part of the eye's retina to release serotonin.
2) The sun also helps your body produce vitamin D, which is a key player in maintaining a healthy mood.
3) The sun improves your sleep: Exposure to sunlight during the day can help regulate your body's natural sleep-wake cycle. This means you'll be able to get a better night's sleep!
4) The sun reduces stress levels: The sun's rays can help to lower your cortisol levels, which is the hormone responsible for stress.
5) The sun gives you an energy boost: A little bit of sunlight can help to increase your energy levels and improve your overall sense of well-being.
So while summer is in full swing, make sure to get outside and get some sun!
And if you're looking for the perfect mental health clothing for your sun-basking adventure, check out our 'Cause It's A Process tanks in brand new summer colors!